Friday, March 25, 2011

A Day of "Free" Pleasure

My hubby and I decided to redeem some of my prizes which we still haven't used.  The day starts by having our lunch at KITCHEN in Greenbelt 3. (Read my review) then we headed to one of the Five Star hotels to avail our Spa Treatments at THE SPA (MANDARIN ORIENTAL).


This is the prize I have received in OISHI GOURMET PICKS' photo contest.
This is a 75-minute Swedish massage in a couple's room (with your own Steam Bath and Shower) plus complimentary tea and refreshment for Php 2500 each.

We are asked first to fill up a form regarding our basic informations and health conditions prior to massage.
 Hubby filling up the form

Then we went upstairs to have a steam bath and 75-minute massage:
 Relaxing ambiance at the couple's room

Note:  I fell asleep during the treatment hahaha.

Later in the afternoon, we headed our way to Edsa Shangri-la's HEAT RESTAURANT.   This is the prize my hubby had won on ZED's "Spread the Love this Month" photo contest.

The restaurant offers an international buffet served throughout the day. For the dinner buffet, we are particularly having an excellent sampling of both Asian and Continental dishes and desserts. 

The place is relaxing, not too crowded and the place for the food is awesome. It's placed on the center while the chef's are busy cooking the foods.  Likewise, there's a separate area for both smokers and non-smokers.



That night we we're accompanied by Zed's representative, Mr. Russ Esquierdo, and Candy Magazine's correspondent, Ms. Roxie.

 Hubby & I with Mr. Esquierdo of ZED (from left to right:  Mr. Russ, Hubby, myself)

With Ms. Roxie of Candy Magazine
(from top to bottom, left to right: Ms. Roxie, hubby and myself)

We were interviewed by them for a while...then it's time to chow!
My hubby and I loved Chinese cuisines so we end up getting the following:
Honey-cured & Hainanese Chicken, Pata Tim, Shrimp Dumplings,  Fried Beancurd,  Duck Dimsum, Siopao Asado and Tempura

I just said to myself, if only I could eat all of these cuisines, I will, but for now enough for this :)

My hubby actually ate 15 pcs of Tempura, 9 pcs of Shrimp Dumplings hahaha lolz.

On my way to the dessert station, I saw Beef Dumplings, Siomai, Italian Pizzas, Lobsters, Pastas, Soups, Taho, Maki, etc...too many to mention but my stomach couldn't accommodate all of them.  I still need a room for cake desserts :)

Now dessert time ^_^

This is the first one I ate, I actually forgot it's name :p

Then I grabbed a Strawberry Swirl, a combination of yogurt and strawberry:

Then followed by:
Panna Cotta:  One of the best 'zerts I loved here!  
I even forgot my name while indulging it ^_^ 

 Brazo de Mercedes

Who wouldn't love Cheesecakes? I'm crazy over it. 

The classic Tiramisu 

Chocolate Mousse

It was really fulfilling eating here.  I would definitely be coming back at this place....and this time, I'll make sure I will taste all of those I haven't with an equally hungry stomach hehehe.

The dinner buffet ranges around Php 1700++ net on Weekdays (Tuesdays to Thursdays) and Php 1900++ net on Weekends (Fridays as Seafood night, Saturdays as Barbeque night, Sundays and Mondays). Buffet here is cheaper than Spirals.of Sofitel. (Their Buffet is around Php 2300++ net excluding drinks).

RATING: (1 to 5, 5 is the highest)
Food: 5
Ambiance: 5
Service: 4
Cost: 5 (as compared with other 5-star hotel buffets)

Thanks to ZED for this opportunity to experience such wonderful dinner.
As the saying goes:  "The best things in life are FREE."

-xoxo-


HEAT is located at:
Edsa Shangri-La Manila
Level 1 Garden Way
Ortigas Centre, Mandaluyong City
Tel: (+632) 633-8888
Dress Code: Smart Casual
*Accommodates both smokers and non-smokers.

No comments:

Post a Comment